Banner Ad

Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Flying Whale Defense


Thanks to Darren from rightontheleftcoast.blogspot.com for this submission.

Darren describes it in his own words:
The problem was simple. On the whiteboard I drew a crude outline of a medieval castle with a cannon on top. The cannon is 100 feet above the ground and fires horizontally with a muzzle velocity of 250 feet per second. The cannon ball lands right at the feet of an enemy soldier. How far from the castle is the soldier?

Notice the student's beautiful castle and upgraded weaponry, as well as his nationalization of the enemy target.

I'm beginning to think I should have given more than 2 bonus points for this work.


I'm glad Darren pointed out the target's nationality, because I would have missed that. Maybe the student was inspired by this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too brilliant.